Here are a few more screenshots of our Air Cadets update, which we think show just how far it’s come in the last 3-4 weeks! We will hopefully be submitting to Apple very soon!
Having updated Prisoner 84 and, more recently, Cabby, we’ve decided to revisit the first ever game we made for iPhone: Air Cadets.
Anyone who’s fired up Air Cadets on current devices will probably have noticed a few issues, most notably the frame rate. So we’ve decided an update is in order, and as usual we’ve got a long list of improvements we will try to implement. But nothing is set in stone just yet, all we can tell you is that it will remain free-to-play!
The following is a screen shot of our current build which offers a brief glimpse at some of the visual improvements we’ve already implemented.
The free version of Cabby – Cabby Lite – has finally been updated to incorporate the changes we made to the full game. Why not try before you buy?
The Cabby update includes a few minor graphical fixes which should rectify some minor lag issues that some people were experiencing on certain devices. We have also made a small update to the in-app purchase system to hopefully make it a bit more user-friendly.
And as mentioned in an earlier post, the Prisoner 84 update now has added GameCenter support with 25 achievements.
Prisoner 84 update v2.1 has been sent to Apple for review. In this update we have added a whopping 25 GameCenter achievements. How far will you travel into Tryton prison to get them all?
As always we’ll keep you all informed of the review progress.
In the coming weeks you should see news about the next Prisoner 84 update (v2.1) which will include some GameCenter achievements to add a little bit of extra fun to your journey through Tryton prison.
So what’s in the update? Quite a bit, as you can see from this new trailer!
Seeing as Cabby was over 2 years old, we felt simply rebuilding it to run on the latest devices wasn’t going to be enough. So we decided to spend a bit more time on it to make the most of what the latest devices could manage, while ensuring it would still run on first gen devices (just like it always has!!).
Here’s a quick run down of some of the most notable new features:-
- New and improved Arcade Mode which uses a star system to reward the player for achieving certain goals
- Improved Career Mode to make it more fun and dynamic
- New tilt control option
- Levels have been re-imagined to not only look nicer, but also to perform better on all devices
- New customer types: their wealth is now indicated by the colour of their clothes – go for the richer clients for a bigger payday!
- New port models, customer models & animations, as well as many other visual enhancements
- New time of day effects and dynamic lighting
- Added achievements and Game Center support
- Added optional in-app purchases for unlockable items (all unlocks can still be achieved in normal play)
- New and improved UI for all versions
- Added playlist support so you can listen to your own music while you play
- New universal build
- Added support for native resolutions of all devices with 2x MultiSample Anti-Aliasing on high-end devices
- Added multitask support
- Spanish translation (possibly more translations in the future)
After the Prisoner 84 HD update, we’ve decided that the time is right to revisit Cabby!
We’ve got lots of improvements and a few new features planned for an update, but we will go into more detail about that later on. For now, even though it’s still very early days, here are a few screen shots to give you an idea how it might end up looking in HD!
Here’s a quick round-up of noteworthy mentions we’ve had this week following the release of Prisoner 84 HD.
“Creepy Action Game Prisoner 84 Goes Universal In Update” – appadvice.com
“Prisoner 84 goes universal review” – chriswrites.com
“Prisoner 84 takes you to jail” – itopnews.de