Displaying all articles filed under Cabby
The free version of Cabby – Cabby Lite – has finally been updated to incorporate the changes we made to the full game. Why not try before you buy?
The Cabby update includes a few minor graphical fixes which should rectify some minor lag issues that some people were experiencing on certain devices. We have also made a small update to the in-app purchase system to hopefully make it a bit more user-friendly.
And as mentioned in an earlier post, the Prisoner 84 update now has added GameCenter support with 25 achievements.
So what’s in the update? Quite a bit, as you can see from this new trailer!
Seeing as Cabby was over 2 years old, we felt simply rebuilding it to run on the latest devices wasn’t going to be enough. So we decided to spend a bit more time on it to make the most of what the latest devices could manage, while ensuring it would still run on first gen devices (just like it always has!!).
Here’s a quick run down of some of the most notable new features:-
- New and improved Arcade Mode which uses a star system to reward the player for achieving certain goals
- Improved Career Mode to make it more fun and dynamic
- New tilt control option
- Levels have been re-imagined to not only look nicer, but also to perform better on all devices
- New customer types: their wealth is now indicated by the colour of their clothes – go for the richer clients for a bigger payday!
- New port models, customer models & animations, as well as many other visual enhancements
- New time of day effects and dynamic lighting
- Added achievements and Game Center support
- Added optional in-app purchases for unlockable items (all unlocks can still be achieved in normal play)
- New and improved UI for all versions
- Added playlist support so you can listen to your own music while you play
- New universal build
- Added support for native resolutions of all devices with 2x MultiSample Anti-Aliasing on high-end devices
- Added multitask support
- Spanish translation (possibly more translations in the future)
After the Prisoner 84 HD update, we’ve decided that the time is right to revisit Cabby!
We’ve got lots of improvements and a few new features planned for an update, but we will go into more detail about that later on. For now, even though it’s still very early days, here are a few screen shots to give you an idea how it might end up looking in HD!
If you’d prefer to try before you buy, then you can click here to download Cabby Lite, which will allow you to sample what the full game has to offer.